Wednesday, January 23, 2008

IN WHICH THE WOG MAKES A REQUEST

The Wog attended her first kids-only birthday party over the weekend at the home a sweet little 4-year-old, Abby, from her Preschool Music Class. We were a bit concerned about how she'd go it alone, but she came home happy, seemingly unfazed, and stocked beyond her wildest dreams with Dora lollipops, various princess paraphernalia, and (navy blue?!?) lip gloss (the residue of which, incidentally, still shadows her upper lip despite multiple baths).

Earlier today I told her that we were going to see Abby again tomorrow at class; she seemed excited and then earnestly asked, "Mommy, will you come with me to Abby's house?" My mind immediately jumped to the panicked conclusion that we'd abandoned her--lonely and unhappy--at the home of virtual strangers. I attempted to maintain my calm as I pressed her about why she wanted me to come along, and her response instantly put my mind at ease: "Because I can't drive!"

No comments: