Thursday, September 06, 2007

THREE CONVERSATIONS ABOUT ONE WOG, PART DEUX

1.
While watching the dance scene in The Sound of Music:
The Wog: "She's so beautiful!"
Me: "Are you beautiful?"
The Wog: "Yes."
Me: "Is The Doodle beautiful?"
The Wog: "Yes."
Me: "Is Daddy beautiful?"
The Wog: "Yes."
(A long pause while The Wog ponders the issue.)
The Wog: "And Minnie's beautiful too!"

2.
After donning her toy stethoscope:
The Wog (proudly): "I'm Doctor Princess."

3.
While being forced out of her dress and into a pair of pants:
The Wog: "I want to wear my pink dress!"
Me: "You have to wear pants today because it's cold out."
The Wog: "I want to be a princess!"
Me: "You ARE a princess."
The Wog (crying hysterically): "I'M A KING!"
(Apparently, she's deduced that princesses wear the dresses and kings wear the pants.)

No comments: