Monday, July 30, 2007

THREE CONVERSATIONS ABOUT ONE WOG

1.
On the jungle gym at the playground:
The Wog: "Be careful, little boy."
Boy: "I don't have to be careful; I'm six!"
The Wog: "I'm a princess."
Boy: (To The Wog's father): "WHAT did she say???"

2.
In her carseat at a stoplight pulled up next to a middle-aged couple on a motorycle:
The Wog: "Little girl, give me your sunglasses."
Lady on Motorcycle: "..."

3.
At the dinner table:
The Wog: "I'm a princess!"
Me: "What's The Doodle?"
The Wog: "The Doodle is a king."
Me: "What's Daddy?"
The Wog: "Daddy's a pirate."
Me: "What's Minnie?"
The Wog: "Minnie's like a king." (A queen, maybe?)
Me: "What's Pop-Pop?"
The Wog: "Pop-Pop's a monster."
Me: "What's Grandma?"
The Wog: "Grandma's a lion."
Me: "What's Grandpa?"
The Wog: "Grandpa's a dinosaur."
Me: "What am I?"
The Wog: "Mama is a WITCH!"

No comments: