Tuesday, February 26, 2008

THE LITTLE MERWOG

Before I had a daughter, I would have come firmly down on the "no way!" side of this costume. But we just bought a dress-up closet for The Wog, and it came with our choice (sight unseen) of costumes: Snow White, Aurora or The Little Mermaid. She's never seen Snow White or Beauty and the Beast, but she is a big fan of The Little Mermaid. So it arrived yesterday. And it looks like this:

I have a feeling this thing will be able to walk (or swim?) on its own by the time The Wog's through with it. But in the meantime, I'll enjoy watching this sweet little girl wear a costume (skimpy as the case may be) that whisks her off and under the sea!

An update: The Wog's school had a delayed opening this morning, so she got to spend an extra two hours today wearing her mermaid getup. As she hobbled down the steps in front of me, I warned her to lift her skirt and descend with caution. She snootily informed me that it was not a skirt, but a "tail and a bra top." (Considering she used to call bras "booby things," I guess that's an improvement?)

No comments: