Thursday, February 19, 2009

INTERNATIONAL WOG OF MYSTERY

We whisked ourselves off to Montreal for an overnight last weekend. Aside from the fact that the museums are all closed on Mondays, we had a great time exploring both the under and above grounds. We are looking forward to longer (and perhaps warmer?) future visits!

How Marc blends in with the locals while traveling:


His other disguise:


Heading down to the Metro:


Both kids went into a kind of a Metro trance--taking it all in--once the trains started moving. The Wog enjoyed the ride, but the verdict remains out for The Doodle.

A leisurely (and cold) walk to find pastries:






Pastries found!




The Wog looked tres European in her skinny jeans, boots, and puffy coat:


Aside from walking and walking and walking, I got some extra exercise while in Montreal: The Wog hasn't had much occasion for escalator-riding here in the country, but they are, of course, all over the place in cities. She was fearless as we worked out a routine including counting down and stepping--not on the crack!--out together. Alas, on one outing, we were preparing to step while a small crowd formed behind us. In a rush not to hold up the line, I didn't notice that The Wog was distracted and fiddling with one of her gloves. I stepped. She did not. As the escalator (with me on it) went down, down, down, and The Wog grew tinier at the top, I decided to put my recent elliptical training to work and run back up to her. Unsuccessfully. Luckily, the model-esque couple behind us took pity on my antics and helped her down. I fear I was dinner party conversation that night....

No comments: