Monday, December 22, 2008

THE WOG AND THE FLY

I've been blog-silent this week--the holidays have swept me away, and I haven't had a chance to download pictures. But a quick story, instead: the other morning, The Wog was lamenting a cut on her finger. When I asked how she got the cut, she told me it must have come from "the fly in [her] dream." I pressed her more information, and she explained that a fly had been chasing her in her dream, and had bitten her. Her father and I tried to explain that dreams are not real, and that she'd likely gotten the cut the previous day when she caught her finger in a drawer. When I put her to bed last night, she said, "I hope I have the rest of the dream about the fly." I asked her why, since it had obviously been--at least in part--an unpleasant dream. She responded that dreams weren't real and besides, "that part of the dream was over."

No comments: